Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chapter 6 of my NaNoWriMo Book! :)

Here is the sixth installment of my story. I recently finished chapter 7, so there' some good news! And I changed the name of my book, once again. Originally the book was called Welcome To The Jungle... Of Espionage. I was told by quite a few people that that was a really long title. I'm also making this book into a series of four. If I left the title that long the rest of the series would be called that! So now my title is Comic Intelligence, because it's a spy comedy. What are your thoughts on the title change? AND OF COURSE, what are your thoughts of this excerpt?


However, Morgan finally let the curiosity get to her. Another tell that she was Sophie’s younger sister was that neither of them could wait for surprises long. Sophie was a little more obnoxious with it though.
     “Okay, forgive me for not knowing, but who is Mickey? Like, I know of him, but I don’t know him. Who is he?” Morgan exploded with the question.
     “Friend.” - “Friend.” - “Old High school chum.” - “Jerk!” -   “Bully.” - “A dude I had some classes with.” - “Her friend.” - “Ex.”
     Morgan got so many different answers; she raised her brows in confusion and starred at them. “Okay? …” She said, not quite sure of an appropriate reaction.
     “We all knew him. Some of us more then others,” Sophie shrugged.
     “Okay, then why is he so important if only some of y’all knew him?” Morgan was still confused as to why they were risking their lives for a guy that only some of them knew and for a reason that none of them were aware of.

~~~~
      This is the moment in the movies where they’d have the big reveal type of moment. The moment where the main dude tells his history, reveals a little more about himself, the why, the who, the where, the when, and the how.  Now you’ve probably observed that the gals and I are what some would like to call “Chatty Cathay’s”. Ha! …Well it’s true. We babble for long periods of time and would never stop talking if nobody told us too. So, allow me to tell you the short version of our conversation.
            Evie, Keegan, Eli, Jason and I were friends of Mickey back in high school, but he bullied Shawn and Grace never liked him. Shawn was a bit of a dork and Mickey always picked on him, according to Shawn that is. I never saw him be mean to Shawn. I thought Mickey was a pretty swell guy, myself. The reason Grace never liked him was because he dated Evie for a time and she was convinced that he was cheating on her. I honestly didn’t think he was and neither did Evie. Eventually Evie and Eli broke up and it wasn’t pretty. Evie cried for a real long time (I spent a fortune on tissues!), but they remained friends. Haley could care less about him.
            Now hold on a second, if we were all his friends, then how come we didn’t know each other before? Why didn’t we as a group know Jason, Keegan, Eli, and Shawn? That’s what my sister wanted to know and the answer is simple. It was easily explained to her because she’s apart of the D.I.S. program. We all knew Mickey, but not each other because we flew in different crowds. D.I.S. is a huge school. The building is located on and inside of a mountain for crying out loud. Shawn and I had science classes with Mickey. Some of the guys shared the same Defense Training class with him. We all just had various classes with the man. That was the weird thing about Mick. Generally, a D.I.S. student chose a field to study and stuck with it. I chose the lab, the sciences, so I had many classes in the lab. I wasn’t limited to them, but they were the bulk of my studies. Grace liked weapons and combat. Haley had the arts and sciences and Evie had combat and the sciences along with me. We had other classes too, they were required so that we could become reliable spy’s, like defense training and learning different languages. However, the sciences and combat were our specialties. I had history on the side. Every student in that school was in a team of four. It was something unique to D.I.S. There was always a group of four. So the weird thing about Mickey was that he knew everybody, he had a group, but he wasn’t attached to them. They were just assigned faces. He seemed to fit into everyone’s team. He took all the classes, mandatory or not. 
            Finally, let me tell you why we helped him out. One reason is, five of us were his friends, and one didn’t care, so we overruled the other two. Grace, Shawn and Haley had our backs; they’re our friends, so they decided to help us for the adventure and for loyalty. We helped Mickey because he was a friend, the popular guy. He was in need of help, so we were doing our best to help him.
            Yes, that’s the short version!
            On with the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have the freedom of speech which means you can say what you like. But we have the freedom to delete nastiness. So watch what you say ;)