Friday, November 18, 2011

Drawing Contest

Hey everyone! I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm dreadful when it comes to art! I can't draw, though I'm pretty wicked with stick figures. So, I have a challenge for anybody who wants to step up to the plate! I'm trying to design my book cover and I have a good idea, I think. The story takes place with them in an interrogation room and shows off unique things about them.

Here's what I was thinking:
1. The setting is in a shadowy interrogation room.
2. There are four women, three blondes and a brunette. The brunette's curly hair should be shown off.
3. I want the main focus to be around their feet, where each person wear's different shoes and around their hands. The hands are on the table, under the table, resting on a cheek...ect. Also, the one on the far right has long blonde hair, I want to capture that in the cover too.
4. I don't want any of their faces shown on the book cover. Somehow make their face hidden in the shadows or by the table or their hair.
5. The interrogation light is at an angle that shoes their feet more then their faces.

Unique things about each person from left to right, so you can add them into the photo if needed:
Evie: brown curly hair, loves flip flops and light blue jeans
Grace: loves guns and wears either rain boots or ratty tennis shoes
Haley: where's fancy clothing. Even her street clothes are nice. She wears combat boots and picks at the gold polish on her nails.
Sophie: has long blonde hair (comes to the waist), wears ratty converse shoes that are either black or rainbow checkered.

Here is a very poorly drawn example of what I'm looking for:


What do you earn for submitting a drawing? Possibly your art on the cover of a book! :D

How should you submit? Either leave it in the comments box or email it to this address: th3.think3rs@gmail.com

What do I submit? You can draw the picture, take the picture, paint the picture, photo shop the picture, eat the picture, dress it up and take it to dinner. Lol I don't care about the format so long as it's visible and meets what I'm looking for.

When does this contest end? I'm not sure for now, but let's say ... until the end of this November.  I found out! :D You have until June of 2012 to complete this contest. 

Questions? Leave them in the comments box please :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have the freedom of speech which means you can say what you like. But we have the freedom to delete nastiness. So watch what you say ;)