Monday, November 7, 2011

First Chapter of My Book


Since I shared a glimpse of chapter two yesterday, I thought it'd be fitting for me to share chapter 1! :D Today I'm going to get started on chapter 7. Can you guess what song is the title? I'll give you a few hints: The chapter is about the group going to a party, in a high class club, in New York, in disguises and one man is looking pretty SHARP! Lol bet you can't guess what song it is! But if you can... then kudos to you!
Chapter 1 is called Hey Mickey because the friend they help throughout the book is named Mickey.
Now here is part of chapter 1! :D I

Chapter 1
Hey Mickey by Tony Basil

“I really don’t understand! Why are we here?” Evie asked of the three of us lined up beside her.
            I leaned over the metal table so I could see past Haley and answer my friend. “They are just wanting our statement, our side of the story. Don’t worry Evie.”
            “And that’s why we’re cuffed to the table. It all makes sense now!” Grace rolled her eyes sarcastically and rattled her cold shackles to emphasize her point.
            I glared at her and noted that Evie looked ready to cry. Grace’s bad mood was starting to grate on my nerves.
            “Precautionary, I guess.” Haley shrugged and picked at the gold polish on her nails.  
            “Oh don’t kid yourself. We’re probably gonna end up in padded cells for the rest of our lives, but that’s just precautionary, right?” Grace glared at her feet.
            “You’re being mean.” I complained and moved uncomfortably in my chair. It too was made of metal and my caboose had fallen asleep.
            “I’m not being mean, I just highly dislike people who handcuff me to tables,” Grace sniffed.
            “I don’t understand, we did nothing wrong!” Evie said. Perfect Evie, just perfect; you set it up real clean. It was well executed.
            “Exactly Downey,” I mumbled.
            “Downey?” Evie asked.
            “Never mind.” I shook my head. Nobody got the reference, but if the interrogator looked anything like Jack Nicholson, I would scream, ‘you can’t handle the truth!’
            “It certainly looks like we did.” Haley said.
            “We didn’t know.” Grace sighed.
            The four of us then waited in somber silence. We looked around the bright, padded room and at the blue-ish lights that hung above the metal table. It was boring. It was dull. It was everything a D.I.S. interrogation room should look like.
            Here we were, four women, four best friends, four spy’s barley into our twenties, I mean Haley was still nineteen herself, sitting in an interrogation room waiting for the no doubt control freak interrogation officer.
            “Sophie, what are you doing?” Grace looked tiredly at me. I was making faces at the wall. I was in dire need of some silliness.
            “I bet that’s the wall that they can see us through,” I said while attempting a monkey face. I flared my nostrils at the dark mirror set across from us. Haley laughed beside me and crossed her eyes at her reflection.
            “Hey look, no hands!” Haley held her un-cuffed hands up at the mirror in the shape of a flying bird.
            “How’d you…” Grace gaped at Haley in amazement.
            Haley chuckled and wiggled her free fingers. “Magic,” she smiled innocently. She ran her hand through her pink streaked blonde hair and then stretched her joints. Yeah she had loose fingers. When we first met, we had to watch our pockets around her. I’m still fairly positive she was the one that stole my shoe money. I kept my spare cash in my shoe and it’d accumulated to around $900 when it just mysteriously disappeared and she somehow managed to be able to afford those $350 sunglasses she’d wanted.
            “Oh don’t gloat,” Grace frowned.  
            Haley stuck her tongue out then grinned.
            “Ugh, I’m hungry,” Evie pouted at the left hand side of their table. “I knew I should have eaten that snack. Do you think they’ll let me eat in here?”
            “Again with your stomach!” Haley laughed in disbelief.
            “You know I have a fast metabolism!” Evie wined. 


BONUS POINTS (a.k.a. pat yourself on the back and know that you're awesome) if you know what movie reference I made in this excerpt. 

4 comments:

  1. Mad Money? Just a random guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you tell? I haven't the slightest clue :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol it's from the movie A Few Good Men, starring Jack Nicholson, who says, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" There's also a character in the movie named Downey and he says, "we did nothing wrong!" The main character is played by Tom Cruise.

    ReplyDelete

You have the freedom of speech which means you can say what you like. But we have the freedom to delete nastiness. So watch what you say ;)