Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Creepy, Secretive, Yet Surprisingly Romantic Village! :D

Some rad hand holding
I'm sorry nobody posted on Valentines day or after that until now. So so sorry! Well I'm back! With my favorite scene from The Village. It's a somewhat scary movie by M. Night Shamalan... or however you spell his name. It's really good. Anyways, in the mood of love and hearts and valentines I decided to post my favorite part. Here it is! :D


Scene set up- It's cold, it's dark, they are in a 1850's sort of town. The boy is Lucious and the girl is Ivy. Lucious is a quite boy and Ivy is a tom Girl who's always speaking and she's blind. There are some strange creatures that have been attacking the village lately.

Ivy- *walks out of her house and sits next to Lucious*
Lucious- *sitting on Ivy's porch*
Ivy and Lucious talk about something that's going on in their Village and about how the border was breached.
Lucious- It is cold outside. You ought to go in.
Ivy- ...why are you on this porch?
Lucious- ...It is not safe.
Ivy- There are other porches
*Lucious doesn't answer*
Ivy- Do you find me too much of a Tom Boy? ...I do long to do boy things. Like that game the boys play at the stump. *she describes the game* *compliments Lucious on how he holds the record*
*Lucious isn't speaking the whole time she babbles*
Lucious- It's just children's games.
Ivy- How is it you are brave when all the rest of us shake in our boots?
Lucious- I do not worry about will happen. Only about what needs to be done.
*they stare at each other*
Lucious- How did you know I was here?
(she's blind so good question there Lucious!)
Ivy- I saw you at the window.
Note- Ivy can sometimes see colors of people
Ivy- ...no... I won't tell you your color *little smirk* Stop asking.
*Lucious didn't ask xD*
Note- THEY ARE NOT MARRIED OR ENGAGED OR UNDER ANY THING OF THE SORTS!
Ivy- ... when we are married, will you dance with me?
Lucious- *looking at the ground* *looks at her in awkward surprise*
Ivy- I find dancing very agreeable
Lucious- *doesn't answer, looks back at the ground*
Ivy- Why do you not say what is in your head?
Lucious- *deep breath* Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? *looks her in the eyes* *My (random thinker 1) heart melts* Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance, I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak, I will open my mouth and speak! Everyone forever plagues me to speak. Why? What good is it to tell you that you are in my every thought from the time that I wake? What good can come from my saying that sometimes...that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise from my telling you that the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm. That is why I am on this porch Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. ...and yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.

THEN HE KISSES THE BLIND GIRL AND I BURST INTO TEARS BECAUSE IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Here the video.


1 comment:

  1. Awww that was actually really sweet. :-) I loved it. I'm probably never gonna see the movie, but that scene was really sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You have the freedom of speech which means you can say what you like. But we have the freedom to delete nastiness. So watch what you say ;)